Wednesday, July 10, 2013

6 Months In...

Wow. I can't believe that I've been a mom for half a year. I know I've already written a lot about how fast time is going, but I feel like it really can't be said enough. It's strange, though. In some ways it feels like I've been doing this forever, and at the same time, I'm certain Tessa was just born yesterday.

Challenging, exciting, humbling, exhausting, wonderful, nerve-wracking, perfect. Those are a few of the words that come to mind when I think back over the last 6 months. But the word I would choose to sum it all up is amazing.
  • I'm amazed that after a long, seemingly sleepless night, I can still get up and somehow have enough energy to make it through the day.
  • I'm amazed that my body has been able to nourish and sustain another human life, first through pregnancy and now breastfeeding.
  • I'm amazed at how much Tessa has grown and changed in 6 short months, and how tightly she has already woven herself into our family.
  • I'm amazed watching her through all the changes and milestones, watching her grow up and getting to see a little personality emerge.
  • I'm amazed when she wraps her chubby little arms around my neck and gives me her sweet toothless smile.
  • I'm amazed when I watch her daddy love his little girl and when her face lights up when she sees him.
  • I'm amazed that God has entrusted us with this precious life and by all the love and support that has surrounded us these last 6 months.

There have been so many amazing moments in these last 6 months. I've learned so much about myself and about being a mom (Tessa isn't the only one who has been growing around here), but I know I've only just begun to scratch the surface of all that it means to be a parent. Thankfully, we've got another 18 or so years (and then some) to keep working at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...