Friday, October 18, 2013

Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Biscuits

   
     Today's recipe is more of a savory treat, unlike my usual sweets! This is one of my favorite breakfast treats - my mom often makes them when we go home for holidays and this year, I made them for us for our Thanksgiving Day breakfast.

     These are a bit more toward the "labor intensive" side of things, just because you have to cook and crumble the bacon (unless you use store-bought bacon pieces *if you do, make sure you get REAL bacon - do NOT use fake bacon bits!!), shred the cheese and chop the onion. However, they can be mixed up the night before and then baked in the morning to simplify things a little (just leave out the yogurt and add it in the morning). They also keep really well and are just as good the next day warmed up in the microwave.


Preheat oven to 450. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. 
Cut in margarine with pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Stir in cheese, bacon and onion. (*If preparing the night before, stop here, cover bowl & refrigerate)
Add yogurt and stir to moisten.
Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead to form a smooth dough.
Roll or pat to approx. 3/4" thick. Cut dough into approximately 12 pieces of desired shape & size and place onto baking sheet (*I didn't actually cut mine, just scooped up dough with a large spoon and dropped onto the pan).
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Serve while still warm with butter.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love bacon and cheddar! These look great for a nice harvest dinner. I am back in the kitchen now that fall is here:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look delicious!!! Can't wait to try the recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get in my belly biscuits! These look amazing. They would have lasted mere seconds in our house....we eat with our eyes a lot!
    p.s great tips to make them the next morning!

    .:Marta:.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try this soon!! ~ Ashlee @ thecrunchymoose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look scrumptious!!! I can't wait to try them... I know my whole family will eat these, which is always a plus!!

    xo, Abby @ Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would LOVE these! Have you had the Red Lobster biscuits? Do they taste similar?

    XO/Lena @ Root&Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not even lying when I say that this looks like one of the best breakfast ideas I've ever seen lol!!! Omg, yum. I'm definitely making these bad boys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...